Here's a SQL DBA job in DC. Contact Sarah for more info!
Corporate Executive Board
2000 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20006
''There is no other group of people with whom I'd rather work.''
We hear this refrain often at the Corporate Executive Board (CEB), voted as one of Washington, DC's Best Places to Work in Washingtonian Magazine. We are proud of the quality of our staff and are looking to add talented, dynamic people to our (growing) ranks. In September 2003 CEB made Fortune's list of 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the US; we also ranked # 13th on Business Week's list of Hot Growth Companies for 2003. And, consistent with the staff comment above, we feel the primary driver behind these accolades (and the underlying business achievements) is the quality of the staff we hire and develop over time.
The Corporate Executive Board (NASDAQ: EXBD) is a leading provider of best practices research and executive education, focusing on corporate strategy, operations, and general management issues. Our membership base consists of a network of more than 10,000 senior leaders at over 2,000 blue-chip companies across the globe, including over 70% of the Fortune 500. Across the past three years, our revenues have grown annually at more than 25% per year.
The Senior SQL Database Administrator has responsibility for the creation, configuration, maintenance, and support of the databases. They also assist in architectural design, procurement, and evaluations of additional resources to the system. DBAs create and enforce policies and procedures associated with the effective and efficient administration of the databases. The Senior Database Administrator works closely with network analysts, server support and software development, ensuring the full integration and smooth functioning of the database portion of the environment
Major duties include:
• Ensure the proper administration, management, and operation of database management services.
• Work closely with management, systems operations staff, software development staff, support staff and end-users to ensure rapid resolution of IT issues.
• Work closely with software development staff in the rollout of new software on a regular basis.
• Participate in establishing and implementing database backup and recovery policies and practices.
• Participate in establishing and implementing appropriate disaster recovery plans and procedures for databases and software systems.
• Develop and implement procedures and policies to support the operation of database management systems according to performance and data integrity requirements.
• Participate in establishing and implementing security policies and practices appropriate database management systems.
• Support others in analyzing and resolving difficult problems involving any part of the database management system.
• Proactive in monitoring systems and problem solving skills.
• Assist and mentor team members in project deliverables.
• Will be required at times to work outside usual hours of business in order to support servers, systems, and services without impeding access to these servers and services during usual business hours.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.• 8+ years work experience during which the primary focus of responsibility has involved a broad range of database management and administration activities
• 5+ years work experience as a SQL and Oracle DBA
• Expert knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server 2000
• Experience with the design, management and maintenance of complex SQL and Oracle Server databases in an OLTP environment.
• Extensive knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to database design and administration.
• Experience with and knowledge of database programming concepts including Structured Query Language, stored procedures, and triggers.
• Significant experience with analyzing and troubleshooting the interaction between databases, operating systems, and applications particularly in the areas of performance and resource usage.
• Significant experience in working with operating systems and MS SQL and Oracle Server to establish monitoring and logging procedure.
• Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of production IT environments, including direct support to these people.
• Experience supporting Data warehouse, Siebel and Great Plains is a plus.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
• Ability to establish work priorities.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
Please go over my Human Resources blog.
Sweet blog! Do the chickens have large talons? Sorry for Napolean Dynamite quote but I am in a great mood today. Also I love to see blogs that are useful and your blog falls right into that catergory. I took the liberty to add you to my favorites. Hey you might want to do the same for I update my site with new articles and info monthly. Blah, maybe you don�t! Anyways, have a great day and again very very good blog! Many thanks from jacksonville disaster recovery.
Post a Comment