Senior SQL DBA
This role will be responsible for the creation, configuration, maintenance, and support of databases. Direct involvement in architectural design, procurement, and evaluations of additional resources to the system while creating and enforcing policies and procedures associated with the effective and efficient administration of “mission critical” databases. In addition to working closely with network analysts, server support and software development, and ensuring the full integration and smooth functioning of the database portion of the environment.
Required skills will include:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 8+ years experience where the primary focus of responsibility has involved a broad range of database management and administration activities
• 5+ years work experience with SQL Server expert level knowledge required.
• 3+ yrs of experience with the design, management and maintenance of complex SQL Server databases in an OLTP environment.
• 5+ yrs knowledge of concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, in database design and administration.
• Significant experience with analyzing and troubleshooting the interaction between databases, operating systems, and applications particularly in the areas of performance and resource usage.
• Significant experience in operating systems preferably MS SQL to establish monitoring and logging procedures
• Experience in production IT environments, including direct support.
• Experience with Data warehouse, Siebel and Great Plains is a plus.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
As a publicly-traded company, our client, has met or exceeded their earnings guidance since their IPO and established themselves as a leading provider of best practices research and executive education, focusing on corporate strategy, operations, and general management issues. Their compensation package, including relocation assistance, reflects their attitude to find the best of the DBA world on the East Coast.
Please submit your word formatted resume to email@example.com for an immediate interview and presentation. EOE. No third parties or sponsorship available for this role.